Tangy Cheese Spread
by Betty Douglass
This cheese spread will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks and also freezes well. You will find all the ingredients at Bennett’s Creek Farm Market & Deli.
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted ripe olives
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 3 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 10-12 drops hot sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sourdough French bread or rolls, cut into slices
Combine all ingredients, except the bread: chill at least one day. Spread cheese mixture on bread slices; cover and chill up to 3 hours, if desired.
To serve, bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or broil until cheese is bubbly.